Monday, November 17, 2014

NaNoWriMo '14 Progress Report

Okay, NaNoWriMo is just about at the halfway point now (okay, a little over), and it's been full of surprises. I knew I was starting off with only a 25,000-word goal. I just expected that to be focused on a single novel. In fact, I planned to focus on one I was already 25,000 words into so that by the end of November, I've have a nice little complete first draft.

Well, it's NaNoWriMo, and things don't always go as planned. I've been working on the original planned novel, a brand new novel, a short story, and even a fanfiction. As I didn't plan to validate anyway (not hitting the 50k goal and all that), I gave myself a lot of leeway in what would "count" towards my personal goal. And I've enjoyed it a lot. I think lately I've been really focused on trying to get a single project done that I miss the fun part. That part where you just write what you feel like at the time and who cares if it's marketable?

I still don't think I'll have another 10k-word-day anytime soon. But the 2k that I had a few days ago was an awesome feeling, nonetheless.

How about everyone else? Are you tackling NaNoWriMo this year? And if so, how's it coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment