1. My three-month-old son does not care if he's listening to Eric Carle or my latest manuscript aimed at preteen girls.
2. I am going to be awake at 2:30am regardless of any of my own effort. Might as well use the time to edit that last scene.
3. When my high school computer app teachers told me to stop typing one hand because it was a useless skill, they were lying.
4. The coffee shop is still an awesome place to write -- hey, everyone, come distract my baby with your oohing and aahing while I get this last paragraph written!
5. It is good to pursue a career where coming to work with mashed carrots on my shirt doesn't matter so much.